This year’s Sarawak River Virtual Art Competition 2020 is going to be an online art competition that adds unique perspectives of communities on river sustainability and how their expressions could be portrayed in the forms of various art categories. This online art competition will include drawings and paintings. There is no restriction on the use of medium. It could be regular pencils, coloured pencils, graphite pencils, charcoal, crayons, sketch pens, oil pastels, watercolours, acrylic colours, oil colours. The drawing, sketch or painting can be done on any drawing papers. It aims to involve as many Sarawakians to participate especially those between the age of 16 years old and above. All participants are required to produce their masterpiece within a theme of “Be a part of the Solution, not a part of the Pollution” and participants are expected to accomplish their task by 16th October 2020.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Registration is open to all Sarawakians age 16 years old and above.
- Registration is FREE.
- Kindly use drawing paper of A3 size (297mm x 420 mm / 11.7 inches x 16.5 inches).
- There is no restriction on the use of medium. It could be coloured pencils, graphite pencils, charcoal, crayons, sketch pens, oil pastels, watercolours, acrylic, oil, or mixed media. The drawing, sketch or painting can be done on any drawing papers.
- All art or raw materials must be prepared by the participating artist. Participant is required to write their NAME and SIGNATURE in the painting as proof of their original artwork.
- You can send in as many artwork as you like but each person is only eligible to ONE prize only.
- Each entry must be an authentic work of the participating artist.
- Participants in the Sarawak River Virtual Art Competition hereby undertake that any information/data contained in their projects do not interfere with the intellectual property rights of any third party, and that they either own or have full authorization to use and disclose such information / data.
- Scan and submit your artwork in the website. Kindly fill in all details in e-registration form provided in the website as well. As for hardcopy submission, all artworks will be required to be sent to RCE Kuching by the respective participant by 30th October 2020. Stamp and postage charges should be paid by participants. Kindly submit your hardcopy to: UCSI University Sarawak Campus, Lot 2976, Block 7, Muara Tebas Land District, Sejingkat, 93450 Kuching, Sarawak
- These artworks will be retained by RCE Kuching and will become the property of RCE Kuching. RCE Kuching will use these artworks for the purpose of exhibitions, promotions and for any other purpose as may be required from time to time.
- Participants who do not send their original artwork to RCE Kuching will not be eligible for any further promotion by RCE Kuching such as being part of the featured online exhibition as well as creation of individual web page on RCE Kuching websites.
- The judging panel will evaluate the art submissions based on various criteria such as the originality of expression, creative use of materials and presentation, to name a few. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry if there is any reasonable doubt about the authenticity of the artwork. Contributing marks for judging panel will be 70%. Another 30% will be based on voting from the public.
- The decision of RCE Kuching will be final and binding.
HOW TO REGISTER
1. Scan QR code in the SRVAC2020 poster.
2. REGISTER your details for OKSHE account.
3. After Register, LOGIN to your profile.
4. Then, go to Main Menu tab and click ‘Sarawak River Virtual Art Competition 2020’.
5. Click ‘REGISTER & SUBMIT’ (you may fill in your details for competition and upload your artwork here).
A panel of judges will review all eligible entries received and select, at their sole discretion, the entries that are eligible to receive prizes.
The judging panel will evaluate the art submissions based on various criteria such as the originality of expression, creative use of materials and presentation, to name a few. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry if there is any reasonable doubt about the authenticity of the artwork. Contributing marks for judging panel will be 70%.
In addition, the public can also vote by clicking on the “Vote” button on each artwork and their contributing marks would be 30%.
Prizes to be won for each category:
- Champion: Cash prize RM1000 + UCSI Bursary RM10,000 + e-certificate
- 1st Runner-up: Cash prize RM800 + UCSI Bursary RM8,000 + e-certificate
- 2nd Runner-up: Cash prize RM400 + UCSI Bursary RM5,000 + e-certificate
- 5 x Consolation Prizes: Cash prize RM200 x 5 + UCSI Bursary RM3,000 x 5 + e-certificate